Real Estate Development Accountant
Pillar Properties has an exciting opportunity available for a Real Estate Development Accountant to join our Seattle Office team!
Please email your resume and interest to email@example.com to start the process!
The Real Estate Development Accountant provides financial expertise to the construction job cost process, with a clear understanding of our processes and procedures. Specific responsibilities include performing professional-level accounting in the maintenance and review of accounting records; managing responsibility for financial reporting requirements for development and construction projects including review and recording of general contractor financial statements; coordination with general contractor and development partner accounting; participation in development team’s regular construction and development meetings; owner/developer invoice and billing process; assisting with annual COI requirements; coordination with finance team and lenders; review and submission of construction loan draws and execution of procedures and processes based on our requirements, to ensure proper controls.
Who We Are
Pillar Properties is a privately-owned family property developer, owner, and operator with a proud history of success. Our approach is unwaveringly human, treating every relationship like family. Pillar Properties is a remarkable place to build your career.
We are on the list of Seattle Business Magazine's Washington's 100 Best Companies to Work For AND the Puget Sound Business Journal roster of Washington's Best Workplaces (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021).
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and monitor project work in progress schedules and reports
- Manage input and maintenance of all company transactions for development and construction jobs
- Record project financial statement activity from outside partners
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Complete all maintenance of the job cost categories, trees, and chart of accounts
- Complete a monthly review of job cost activity, checking for consistency and accuracy, and analyze general ledger variances
- Perform monthly close and related journal entries, using Yardi Voyager
- General accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, job costing and general ledger posting.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed by SVP Investments, CFO, Controller and President
- Draws and Construction Loans
- Confer with development partners and general contractors regarding change orders and adjustments to cost estimates and ensure proper approval is obtained
- Process general contractors payment applications for monthly billings
- Participate in monthly construction progress report meetings with construction managers and development partners
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, tracking, and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects
- Maintaining payment draw files and invoice files.
- Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage draw requests/requirements
- Communicate with external clients and lenders to manage funding and draw requests, provide timely responses to questions and inquiries, manage cash flow and projections
- Support construction loan underwriting, due diligence and closing and post-closing activities; this may include, but will not limited to those tasks which affect the draw prior to and after closing, gathering and maintaining files on construction and subcontractor contract documentation , and analyzing financial terms, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of capital calls from both investment partners and parent company. validating
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ job cost accounting experience
- Considerable knowledge of intermediate accounting principles, particularly in job cost accounting functions.
- Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Talent or Certifications
- Ability to coordinate job cost analysis on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Respond to inquiries from the partners, development team, and accounting team
- The ability to analyze and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to advancing technology
- Must communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally in English
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Experience in YARDI a plus.
What We Offer
- Fun, family-oriented work environment in a stable, growing company
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture that creates a true sense of belonging
- Industry leading base pay plus monthly and annual performance bonuses
- Vacation and Personal Time starting at 15-days per year, plus paid company holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision, flexible spending accounts, as well as life insurance benefits
- Generous company matched 401(k)
- 20% housing discount at any Pillar Properties community
- Wellness Plan that includes $600 annual reimbursement and Fitbit (or equivalent) device reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursements
- Paid Designations and company-sponsored training
- Opportunities for advancement and a focus on promoting from within
We are a cutting-edge company with high standards for quality. We believe that the next innovative move by Pillar can come from anywhere in the company. All voices contribute to our internal mantra of being Quietly Awesome and that drives us to Build Something Remarkable in all aspects of our business.
If you are seeking deeper connections within the industry and are passionate about helping us operate the best apartment homes in the Puget Sound area, we want to talk to you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process!
As part of our commitment to health and safety, all Pillar Properties employees must be fully vaccinated except as necessary to accommodate a disability or religious belief, candidates will be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (e.g., a copy of a vaccine card or other similar official document confirming vaccination status) prior to their first day of employment.
Pillar Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.