Real Estate Development Accountant
Pillar Properties has an exciting opportunity available for a Real Estate Development Accountant to join our Seattle Office team!
Please email your resume and interest to email@example.com to start the process!
We are on the list of Seattle Business Magazine's Washington's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal roster of Washington's Best Workplaces (2018, 2019, 2020). We are also honored to be recognized as the Family Business of the Year and we have been on the list of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in Washington State for the past six years.
Provide financial expertise to the construction job cost process, with a clear understanding of our processes and procedures. Specific responsibilities include performing professional-level accounting in the maintenance and review of accounting records; managing responsibility for financial reporting requirements for development and construction projects including review and recording of general contractor financial statements; coordination with general contractor and development partner accounting; participation in development team’s regular construction and development meetings; owner/developer invoice and billing process; assisting with annual COI requirements; coordination with finance team and lenders; review and submission of construction loan draws and execution of procedures and processes based on our requirements, to ensure proper controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and monitor project work in progress schedules and reports
- Manage input and maintenance of all company transactions for development and construction jobs
- Record project financial statement activity from outside partners
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Complete all maintenance of the job cost categories, trees, and chart of accounts
- Complete a monthly review of job cost activity, checking for consistency and accuracy, and analyze general ledger variances
- Perform monthly close and related journal entries, using Yardi Voyager
- General accounting including accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, job costing and general ledger posting.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as needed by SVP Investments, CFO, Controller and President
- Draws and Construction Loans
- Confer with development partners and general contractors regarding change orders and adjustments to cost estimates and ensure proper approval is obtained
- Process general contractors payment applications for monthly billings
- Participate in monthly construction progress report meetings with construction managers and development partners
- Responsible for the processing, reviewing, tracking, and general ledger posting of construction draws for multiple projects
- Maintaining payment draw files and invoice files.
- Communicate with project managers, vendors, and external parties to manage draw requests/requirements
- Communicate with external clients and lenders to manage funding and draw requests, provide timely responses to questions and inquiries, manage cash flow and projections
- Support construction loan underwriting, due diligence and closing and post-closing activities; this may include, but will not limited to those tasks which affect the draw prior to and after closing, gathering and maintaining files on construction and subcontractor contract documentation , and analyzing financial terms, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of capital calls from both investment partners and parent company. validating
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or business related field
- Minimum 3-5 years’ job cost accounting experience
- Considerable knowledge of intermediate accounting principles, particularly in job cost accounting functions.
- Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Talent or Certifications
- Ability to coordinate job cost analysis on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Respond to inquiries from the partners, development team, and accounting team
- The ability to analyze and problem solve
- Ability to adapt to advancing technology
- Must communicate clearly, effectively, and professionally in English
- Functions effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands.
- Experience in YARDI a plus.
Pillar Properties is the place to work for people who want to learn and grow with a cutting-edge company. Our focus is on providing a Quietly Awesome experience at every level for our residents and team members with our commitment to customer service and innovation. We are a growing company with opportunities for advancement and we are looking for people who are enthusiastic and passionate about helping us operate the best apartment homes in the Puget Sound area.
If you are a passionate, high energy, customer service driven professional in the property management field, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process!
Pillar Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.