UPDATE: Find the latest information relating to our response to COVID-19 HERE.
We are closely monitoring the outbreak of the COVID-19 in our area. As the number of cases in the United States continues to rise, our goal is to do all we can to discourage the spread of the virus.
We understand this virus is a concern for everyone and our strategy is based on an abundance of caution - we want to be proactive but also reasonable about any changes to day-to-day operations. Here are the protocols we have already implemented at our properties:
- Enhanced cleaning protocol at all properties focusing on providing extra sanitization
- We are limiting large social gatherings at the properties and postponing property sponsored events that involve outside guests
- We are encouraging residents to consider limiting any non-essential visitors to the property
- We are asking residents not to request any non-emergency maintenance work in their apartment from our team if they are home sick
- In the coming days our team will be installing hand sanitizers in the main lobbies and first floor elevator lobbies
- We recommend that residents sanitize equipment before and after use in the fitness centers or avoid them all together for the time being
We are working closely with team members to ensure they do not come to work when sick. We are asking that residents stay in their apartment if they are ill and should consult their physician if they have difficulty breathing, have a prolonged fever and/or cough.
According to health officials, the best defense is frequent hand washing using proper hand-hygiene - scrubbing with warm water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer can be useful, but it does not replace washing with soap and hot water. You should also avoid touching your face and keeping your hands away from your nose and mouth. Health officials do not recommend wearing masks – they say it won’t stop the spread of the coronavirus and it takes away important resources from health care professionals.
We are preparing for any situations that may arise, and we will continue to provide updates as needed.
If you have any questions please call our COVID-19 hotline at 206-676-5330.