Accounts Payable Specialist
Pillar Properties has an exciting opportunity available for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join our Seattle Office team!
Please email your resume and interest to email@example.com to start the process!
We are on the list of Seattle Business Magazine's Washington's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal roster of Washington's Best Workplaces (2018, 2019, 2020). We are also honored to be recognized as the Family Business of the Year and we have been on the list of the Fastest Growing Private Companies in Washington State for the past six years.
The Accounts Payable & General Ledger Accountant is responsible for providing timely and accurate processing of all accounts payable and provides support to the senior Accounting team members with General Ledger accounting and reporting. Adherence to a customer service philosophy by providing excellent customer service to Team Members and residents is paramount.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a high level of customer service to Residents and Team Members by achieving the standards indicated by the Pillar brand.
- Process Pillar Properties and RD Merrill Company accounts payable which includes:
- Receive vendor invoices submitted via hard copy or via email.
- Enter invoice information into accounting system.
- Coordinate transmission of invoices to related parties and partners for payment.
- Communicate with operations and accounting teams regularly regarding accounts payable work flow.
- Process expense reports and check requests.
- Monitor accounts payable work flow and keep team members apprised of status.
- Perform regular/weekly check runs and urgent check runs as needed.
- Maintain vendor records in the accounting system.
- Research vendor and employee inquiries.
- Serve as a resource for Operations and Accounting team members with respect to the accounts payable process, provides training and guidance to new team members.
- Administrator for Company Credit Cards including monthly posting of credit card transactions and expense reimbursements
- General Ledger – Support the Accounting team members with the following:
- Record Fixed Assets and post depreciation monthly. Reconciliation of Fixed Asset Module to the property trial balance reports.
- Record distributions and disbursements and other cash transfers.
- Reconcile bank accounts as assigned.
- Prepare journal entries to record activity of subsidiary entities and projects.
- Prepare state and local tax reports and file electronically after review by supervisor.
- Cash receipts – Receive, scan/deposit and record receipts by Pillar Properties and RD Merrill Company.
- Manage Certificate of Insurance tracking process
- Local travel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma required.
- AA degree with an emphasis in accounting or related field desired.
- Minimum of 4 years AP and GL experience.
- Experience with purchase order and integrated accounts payable systems required.
- Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Talent or Certifications
- Ten key by touch.
- Multi-family property or related industry experience a plus.
- Multi-facility experience preferred.
- Intermediate level – Microsoft Office products.
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or other related accounting systems a plus.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to carry out written or oral instructions.
- Ability to learn and utilize accounting and other applicable software and technology
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to self-assess for accuracy and identify alternative scenarios.
- Self-starting personality that can work well with limited direction.
- Strong project management skills; results-driven focus and approach.
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- High-energy, motivated and driven.
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity; seeks new approaches and challenges that contribute to success at both an individual and team level.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics.
Pillar Properties is the place to work for people who want to learn and grow with a cutting-edge company. Our focus is on providing a Quietly Awesome experience at every level for our residents and team members with our commitment to customer service and innovation. We are a growing company with opportunities for advancement and we are looking for people who are enthusiastic and passionate about helping us operate the best apartment homes in the Puget Sound area.
If you are a passionate, high energy, customer service driven professional in the property management field, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process!
Pillar Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.