Pillar Properties has an exciting opportunity available for a Staff Accountant to join our Seattle Office team!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the process.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all accounting related information pertaining to the overhead entity and assistance with the managed properties of Pillar Properties - the best apartment homes in the Puget Sound area!
Who We Are
Pillar Properties is a privately-owned family property developer, owner, and operator with a proud history of success. Our approach is unwaveringly human, treating every relationship like family. Pillar Properties is a remarkable place to build your career.
We are on the list of Seattle Business Magazine's Washington's 100 Best Companies to Work For AND the Puget Sound Business Journal roster of Washington's Best Workplaces (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021).
What You'll do
- Prepare monthly operating statements and management reports
- Be responsible for monthly journal entry preparation and balance sheet account reconciliation
- Support community and regional personnel with accounting related issues
- Internal auditing of community records including insurance reimbursements
- Prepare and file B&O taxes
- Bank reconciliations
- Fixed Asset Creation and Reconciliation
- Provide exceptional service to residents and team members
What You Bring
- 4 year accounting degree or related business field
- 3-5 years accounting experience including preparation of financial statements
- Ten key by touch
- Advanced level – Microsoft Office products
- Experience using Yardi Voyager or other related accounting systems is a plus
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written and ability to carry out written or oral instructions
- Regular and timely attendance
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to self-assess for accuracy and identify alternative scenarios
- Self-starting personality that can work well with limited direction
- Strong project management skills; results-driven focus and approach
- Adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- High-energy, motivated, and driven
- Comfortable in an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity; seeks new approaches and challenges that contribute to success at both an individual and team level
- Strong sense of integrity and ethics
What We Offer
- Fun, family-oriented work environment in a stable, growing company
- Diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture that creates a true sense of belonging
- Industry leading base pay plus monthly and annual performance bonuses
- Vacation and Personal Time starting at 15-days per year, plus paid company holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision, flexible spending accounts, as well as life insurance benefits
- Generous company matched 401(k)
- 20% housing discount at any Pillar Properties community
- Wellness Plan that includes $600 annual reimbursement and Fitbit (or equivalent) device reimbursement
- Cell phone reimbursements
- Paid Designations and company-sponsored training
- Opportunities for advancement and a focus on promoting from within
We are a cutting-edge company with high standards for quality. We believe that the next innovative move by Pillar can come from anywhere in the company. All voices contribute to our internal mantra of being Quietly Awesome and that drives us to Build Something Remarkable in all aspects of our business.
If you are seeking deeper connections within the industry and are passionate about helping us operate the best apartment homes in the Puget Sound area, we want to talk to you!
Please email your resume to email@example.com to start the process!
Pillar Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.